From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:49:00 -0500
Wes Voigt wrote:

> Are there any other groups that work with getting
> local people into Beekeeping? Oh yes - The phone number for Heifer
> International is 800.422.0755 and the web site is www.heifer.org Thanks
for
> your help

Check the BEE-L archives, specifically:
http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0012D&L=bee-l&P=R2096
and
http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0012E&L=bee-l&P=R230

There was some concern that Heifer donations intended for beekeeping
purposes may actually end up in a "general fund".

At EAS 2001 at MMA, Nicola Bradbear spoke about her association with "Bees
for Developement".  A fascinating approach to helping developing countries
with beekeeping in a manner that is sustainable within the realm of their
own culture.  A single sentence cannot do justice to their program, but I
have not the time to write more.  Surf to:
http://www.planbee.org.uk/index.htm

Aaron Morris: thinking my donations would go to "Bees for Developement"!