HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:44:43 +0000
I think it may a YiXing teapot (note small size typical) from China but it
is difficult to tell the fabric from photo especially when its been in sea.
These are still being made from distictive purple clay and come in huge
variety of unglazed forms- exported from C17 to present.

paul courtney
Leicester
UK