HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:37:22 -0500
Hello, Listmembers.

I think this might be of interest to some of you.

Dear Colleague:

      We are delighted to invite you to our international conference on the
global encounter of peoples of African and peoples of Asian descent from
antiquity to the present. This forum entitled "Blacks and Asians: Encounters
Through Time and Space" will take place at Boston University, April 12-14,
2002. It will be the first international conference on this topic. Scholars
will attend from many parts of the world, including Japan and China. A
$50.00 pre-registration fee will gain access to meals, our Saturday banquet,
and all other conference events. Those who wish to simply attend panel
presentations, the keynote address by Robert Moses, and Regge Life's lecture
may do so free of charge.
      I write to request your assistance in publicizing this extraordinary
event. Our website is http://www.bu.edu/afam/conf. Please feel free to
contact Dr. Christine Loken-Kim at 617 358 1421 for additional information.

Best wishes,
Ronald K. Richardson,Ph.D.
Director, African American Studies
Associate Professor of History