HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Silliman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:48:43 -0500
To the lists:

I have received many great emails (more than 35) on the list and off with
diverse suggestions for books on this global issue, and this is only the
first day and a half or so of discussion.  I'm thrilled to see this much
interest out there.  Keep the recommendations coming, and I will post a
summary list or bibiliography or some such thing once I've compiled the
various responses. There are some clear "winners" appearing in the list.
I'm sure that there are many of us who could make use of such a list,
whether for personal, class, or analysis purposes.

Some are suggesting films as well, so if you have some of those in mind as
favorites or as discussion-worthy, let's add them to the mix....  Examples
appearing already are "The Mission" and "Black Robe".

My preliminary thanks to you all.

Steve

Stephen Silliman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor