HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Cranmer, Leon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:01:21 -0400
Growing up in southern NJ during the 50s, cinder blocks were very common to
see lying around.  But I can't say to what extent and what purposes they
were used in actual construction since they were no where near as strong as
cement blocks.  Regardless, I doubt those cinder block in NJ came from AZ or
were made with volcanic cinder.

Lee Cranmer
Maine Historic Preservation Comm.