From:
Usama Amin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:05:49 -0500
I agree, Lang Lang seems more showy than anything else. As you said,
technically he is quite good - he just needs to mature as an artist. He
still has a lot to prove of his interpretive abilities. DC has had a
couple of other virtually unknown young pianists come through who, though
technically not quite as averse, have shown great depth and feel for the
repertoire they were playing. I am talking about Alexander Ghindin and
Fliter.

Not sure if Lang Lang's father will join him on stage here or not, but
from your description, it sure sounds intriguing. As this is Lang Lang's
Kennedy Center debut, I doubt his father will want to share the limelight
with his son. Oh well. Maybe they'll do a CD together.

Usama Amin <[log in to unmask]>