From:
John Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:51:33 +0000
Much to my pleasure and surprise my recent plea for anyone who had any
records produced by Gaudeamus Recordings in the 70s struck Gold with Art
Scott who has sent me a copy of a record I produced in 1976 titled "Philip
Fowke at the Wigmore Hall." I am eternally grateful to him for this.  The
programme includes a virtuoso perfomance of Balakirev's "Islamey".  However
the actual sound on the recording - for which I take full responsibility -
is pretty dreadful.  With modern technology I wondered if there is any
process by which the performance could be preserved but the sound redone -
for example on a digital piano. My own Yamaha is good, though I do not
have the expertise to record and reproduce it.  Could it be done using midi
perhaps? I am sure that the end product would be worthwhile.  If anyone
knows anything about this subject or could direct me to someone who does
I should be most appreciative.

John Foss