From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:47:26 +0000
Attention Scriabinites!!  I'm on the hunt for some excellent recordings of
Scriabin's solo piano works(sonatas/mazurkas/preludes/etudes/etc.).  I'm
aware of the recordings from the major artists such as Ashkenazy, Hamelin,
and Ogden.  However, there are many more, some where I don't even recognize
the name of the performer.  Your help is appreciated.

I do have a specific question regarding Richter performances.  I have
his disc from Music & Arts(878)devoted only to Scriabin.  There's another
disc on Praga 254056 with Chopin and Scriabin music; the Scriabin entries
are the 2nd and 5th Piano Sonatas.  The Music & Arts disc also has the
2nd and 5th(public performance in Warsaw(Oct.72).  I need to know if the
performances of these two sonatas on Praga are the same ones as the Music
& Arts performances.  They probably aren't the same, but I sure don't want
to buy the Praga and end up with only Chopin to show for it(nothing against
Chopin, just not into him these days).

Don Satz