From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:20:57 -0400
William Boletta wrote:

>I decided to buy one of the complete Bach editions released during
>the International Bach Year 2000.  Deciding on which one to buy has
>been difficult, though.  I wonder if members of the list have any
>recommendations based on listening to the sets.  Here are the three
>editions I have been sampling.

Equally unfamiliar w/ all three, I'd opt for the Brilliant, because of the
price.  You'll be buying 150 or 160 CDs and there is a chance beyond the
merely minimal that at least one CD, if not more, will be defective.  While
my own experience ordering multi-disc sets of CDs, by Brilliant and others,
has been one of getting my defective CDs replaced, the sets were smaller.
It takes a long time to listen to 150 CDs or more to make sure none are
defective.

Walter Meyer