Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 02:44:33 -0400
From:
Eric Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
There is also an arrangement of this piece by Mark Popkin.  It is for
Woodwind Quintet and he recorded it along with his colleagues of the
Clarion Quintet on Golden Crest Recordings.

I found the arrangement very interesting and quite effective, even if it
lacks the ultimate weight and richness of the piano version.  I wrote to
Mr. Popkin after hearing the recording and he confirmed what I suspected,
the performance had been influenced by the recording of Leon Fleisher,
which should not be surprising since both gentlemen teach at Peabody.

Has anyone else heard this recording?

Eric Goldberg