Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:01:12 +0200
From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Susan Juhl asked for opinions os his work.  I only once heard the
celloconcerto, and I know a fine piece for piano and orchestra (Fantasm??
I haven't got the CD here), but I know the five bagatelles very well,
having performed the myself in the original form for Clarinet and piano,
me playing the clarinet.  They are very fine pieces, easy to play, except
for the last one, the fughetta.  I also love the clarinet concerto very
much, it has a beautiful autumnal atmosphere.  I have a very beautiful
performance by Richard Plane on Naxos, of both the concerto and the
bagatelles, in an arrangement for clarinet and strings, in this fine
arrangement the Bagatelles match the mood of the concerto beautifully.
I can highly recommend this disc.

Peter Wisse, The Hague