HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:33:30 -0500
Wondering why this didn't hit the list already -
Reminds me a bit of that old quote from Martin Niemöller:

When Hitler attacked the Jews I was not a Jew, therefore, I was not
concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and
therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the
industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.
Then, Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church—and there was nobody left
to be concerned.

geoff carver - SUNY buffalo
www.thunderbirdsonline.com