HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 01:19:38 +0000
I have completed a project that may be of interest to some of you.  In brief,
it is an inventory and analysis of products in a drug store museum located in
southwest Georgia (Lumpkin).  The contents include nearly all of the inventory
of a father and son who operated this store from the 1870s till 1957.  The
analysis describes nearly 2000 products (some are duplicates or multiples),
including several hundred off-the-counter and patent medicines.  The artifacts
(products)are late 19th century to mid-20th century.  The write-up (about 180
pages) is available as a CDram for use in a computer.  The CD includes
descriptive information for each object with data on size, shape, contents,
price, history, advertising, manufacturer, literature references, etc.  It
comes with alphabetical indexes by product and by manufacturer.  The CD is
available from the Stewart County Historical Commission and cost $10 + shipping
and handling.  For details, contact me offline.

Allen Vegotsky