HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Timothy B. Riordan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:37:09 -0400
Coysh and Henrywood, "Dictionary of Blue and White Printed Pottery, 1780-1880", p. 287 report that "Poonah J." has been found on a dish made for the Gateshead Railway. They suggest that it may be the name of a retailer or company offical but that it has not been further researched.

Tim Riordan