HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
terre011 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:17:08 -0500
The following is posted on behalf of Erna Buffie.  Please contact her
directly if you can provide her with assistance.

--------

Filmmakers looking for red light district/brothel excavations around the
world:

Pixcom Productions International in Montreal, Canada is developing a 90
minute TV documentary special called "Sin City: The Archaeology of
Prostitution."  Pixcom is a large Canadian production house which has
produced programs for The Discovery Channel, the CBC and other national
and international broadcasters. We are looking for sites involving red
light districts and/or brothels which are being excavated now and over
the next year or two, in cities around the world.  If you, or anyone you
know in the fields of historical or ancient archaeology, are involved in
such a project we'd love to hear about it. So please contact me, Erna
Buffie, at [log in to unmask] or call me at 514-931-1188 ext 255.