HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Grant L. Day" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:25:45 -0400
On George Miller's recommendation, I attended the ceramics
conference/workshop this year and it was a very good learning experience.
Both the speakers and the attendants provided a wealth of information about
ceramic manufacture and the archaeological sites that they were working on
(this year focused on ceramic assemblages from taverns). The format is also
nice because there is plenty of discussion time.

Staying at Eastfield Village was also an experience in itself; the village
is composed of a number of late 18th and early 19th century structures with
period furniture and wares, complete without electricity or running water,
which also provides you with a little taste of the past. The cost of the
conference seemed a bit high, but factoring in a couple of nights lodging
made it more reasonable. I would recommend the conference for historic
archaeologists or anyone interested in historic ceramics. They also have a
number of workshops for those interested in historic preservation /
restoration.

Grant L. Day, RPA
Principal Investigator
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc.