HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:39:39 -0700
Hi all,

I'm conducting a research project for a Florida newspaper that, in part, requires me to examine
tribal folklore or myth. Many, including myself, relate the word "myth" to (tribal history)
rather than to fantasy, example Sullivan in "The Secret of the Incas."

So my point is, if researchers use the term myth to mean fantasy, what remains to use when there
is legitimate symbolic expression in archaic form?

jb