HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
ned heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:19:02 -0500
At 5:16 PM -0500 3/15/02, Robert L. Schuyler wrote:

>NED: How could you have used it in the field (!!) and worn it out.
>It should be on the shelf of your library right next to your
>Gutenberg bible and original copy of the Magna Carta.

BOB: This comment brings to mind the time, in a museum setting, when
I rested my camera bag on a table, only to be assaulted by an
indignant curator who shouted for all to hear that the table was a
valuable antique. My response was that "it is also a table."

PS: I keep my Magna Carta under a dust cover: my copy of The Domesday Book.
--
* It's spring time! Let's turn the compost!  *
* Turning compost and weeding the garden     *