HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Betsy Cass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:45:22 +0000
May I offer the following references:

Petroski, Henry
1992    From Pins to Paper Clips.  In The Evolution Of Useful Things, pp.
51-77.  Vintage Books, New York.

Dutton, H. I. and S. R. H. Jones
1983    Invention and Innovation in the British Pin Industry, 1790 - 1850.
Business History Review, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration,
Vol. LVII, No. 2:175 - 193

Lubar, Steven
1987    Culture and Technological Design in the 19th-Century Pin Industry: John
Howe and the Howe Manufacturing Company.  Technology and Culture. The
International Quarterly of the Society for the History of Technology,  Vol.
28, No. 2:253 - 282.

yours,
Betsy Cassebeer

"Her days were spent in a kind of slow bustle; always busy without getting
on; always behind hand and lamenting it, without altering her ways; wishing
to be an economist, without contrivance or regularity..."  Jane Austen
"Mansfield Park" 1814.