From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:40:56 -0800
Anne wrote:

>Whether we think this matters or not, why should we deny to others
>what we might not personally appreciate?

I wonder where this came from. When I started the Stuttgart Touch topic,
reporting that I regard contemporary, mostly German, emperors as quite
nakked, where was there an intimation of any kind about wishing to deny
the experience to others?

If anything, the questioning of any right here appears to have come from
the misguided (although fiendishly well-educated) few - namely, why do
I think that I may resist the discreet charms of the post-bourgeoisie.

Let me try to make this simple. I don't like much of the current
Regietheater trend in European opera houses and now at my own "home
company" in SF. I understand that your opinion may vary. I see no point
in trying to convert others to my view and you bet your sweet bibby that
you won't change what I feel all the way down in the viscera. So, let's
talk about it. If you wish to do so from a high horse, that's fine too.
But who is denying what to whom?

Janos Gereben/SF
www.sfcv.org