From:
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:30:48 -0400
Michael Cooper asks about WFLN.  I also grew up in the shadow of WFLN.
They gave up the classical format perhaps five years ago.  My father, who
still lives in the area, is frustarated that he cannot get any CM station
except Temple U's part-time classical music station.  I for one consider
the absence of CM on the FM dial to be an ominous sign for CM in general.
I've known a few people who became appreciative listeners based at least
in part on having CM freely accessible on the FM dial.  I say "in part",
because in most of these cases people had other influences that were part
of the picture, but FM radio seemed to be an important part of the process.

Larry