From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:45:13 +0000
I wasn't aware that MCML has been with us for eight years.  That's a great
record, and I personally have found much enlightenment from membership.

In his posting, Dave detailed the issue of 'content', and I agree fully.
With the bulk of my postings being about recordings, I do get a little
irked when a poster is critical of the frequency of list traffic dealing
with recordings.  The way to steer list traffic toward your desired
preferences is to post about your preferences, not complain.  As Dave
indicated, list topics are a product of list members.

I congratulate Dave for running such a fine discussion site and hope that
the List will be going strong for many more years.  It's definitely the
best site for the general topic of classical music and beats out the more
specialized classical music sites which are not sufficiently expansive in
the long-run.  I also much appreciate the Archives where I can find so much
information to help with my appreciation of particular composers and
recordings.

Don Satz