From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:57:36 -0500
Ray Bay:

>...The program does not fit within the budget constraints of most member
>stations due to the high cost, as public radio stations have lost public
>funding each year since 1996.  The work to keep Performance Today is best
>spent on organizations that will pay for local sponsorship...  or for
>sponsors who care.

You know, I really wonder what separates this ethic from commercial
radio.  It seems to me that a so-called public station has an obligation
to educate, which means to lead, rather than simply to pander to listener
ignorance.

Well, at least no one calls it Educational Broadcasting any more.

Steve Schwartz