Edson Tadeu Ortolan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:37:12 -0200
You didn`t know the sad life of the Classical Music in Brazil!!!  The
radios and tvs only play porno-song for children in the "industrialized"
brazilian folk-pop rhythms (samba, frevo etc.).  The students of the
schools music play keyboard.  The students of piano, violino, flute
and orchestral instruments are rarefying.  The orchestras are in
quasi-bankrupt.  Sunday I went to the bigsupermarket in my town (1 million
of peoples).  I was in cds section.  Hits of Mozart, Chaikovsky etc.  was
in $ 2,50 - nobody bought; but the porno pop music was in $ 7,50 - there
was one line to buy.

Here the situation is very for those that compose, play, teach and research
classical music, and good pop music (bossa nova, jazz, and folk-ethnical
music).

Edson Tadeu Ortolan