From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:32:38 -0600
Pierre Paquin wrote:

>Well, this appointment (dissappointment?) will enhance my quest to own all
>BSO/Munch performances, both commercial and live broadcast stuff.

As a Munch fan...

There is a wealth of surviving Munch BSO performances.  I have tried to
collect many of them.  Some especially wonderful things:

Toch: Symphony No.2 (1952)
Nielsen: Symphony No.5 (1953)
Roussel: Symphony No.3 (1954)
Honegger: Symphony No.1 (1954)
SaintSaens: Symphony No.3 (1966 and 1953)
Liszt: Faust Symphony
Rachmaninoff: PC No.3 (Janis 1957)
etc.

His performances of American Music, Piston in particular, are incredible.

He was willing to take chance during performances and most of them have me
sitting on the "edge of my seat."

Karl