From:
Marijn van Prooijen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:56:49 +0200
I am a new memeber on this list and I have a question regarding this topic.
At the age of having not the efforts to buy expensive records I bought a
cheap CD of Bruckner Ninth from the label Point Classics.  The orchestra
was called 'Suddeutsche Philharmonie' and the conductor 'Cesare Cantieri'.
Meanwhile I discovered that the real conductors name is Hans Swarovsky and
the orchestra can be the Bamberger Symphoniker.  All tricks to make
recordings cheaper, but the worst thing of the record is that there is no
first movement on (it starts with third, then cames the second and it
finishes again with the same third).

But for the phenomenon of imprinting it is already too late.  After buying
and listening decades of B9s, I still consider the Swarovsky as the most
beautifull.  I'm really longing to hear the first movement.  Does someone
know more about this Swarovsky recordings (I know he recorded the 6th too)
and maybe where I can find this first movement?

Marijn van Prooijen