From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:27:09 -0700
The USA Federal Organic Standards laws still have not been
written as of this Date. Nor has Federal Register comment
been taken yet for the final rulemaking. This past spring a
federal register comment period was due out but it was
delayed until this fall in Sep/OCt which is now past.

I called the NHB a couple of days ago and also the AMS in
Washington DC on the Organic Standards rule making and as
to when the Federal register is due out for public
comments.

I was told the subject matter will come up at the next NHB
meeting and in the mean time I now watch Washington DC
weekly/monthly looking for the Federal register to come out
for comments for the final rule making.

As of yet, everything is in Limbo! I myself am holding out
for -zero tolerance- for anything in the way of treatments
now that our first crop is in and we are expecting to
double that next year.

Hope this helps you with info.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby