From:
Karen Oland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:15:50 -0400
Frank,

If you have had any medications on your hives, you should not extract
and use the honey from the boxes that have been medicated. For some
medications, this is illegal -- for none is it advisable. This is
especially true if you have used any of the organophosphates, such
as coumophos. There will be residue in the wax of the brood chambers,
which leaches out into the honey over time. And the cappings you
obtained from the brood chamber would also be contaminated.

-K