From:
J J Harrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:35:49 -0800
    We've found they are sometimes reluctant to start using the second super
if it is on top, and instead will fill in all the corners in the brood
frames.  This can cramp the Queen's laying space, and so could encourage
swarming.

    Sometimes they have been so reluctant to even walk into a super, first
or second, that we have actually put it below the brood box for a while so
they *have* to walk through it to get home to bed.  Eventually they get the
message.  Why this is, I haven't the faintest.

        J. J.

> Here comes my question: do
> you put the second super on top of the first one or under it?
<snip>