HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:04:02 +0000
The two standard (and massive) textbooks on English delft are M. Archer,
Delftware, Victoria and Albert Museum catalogue and Lipski and Archer, Dated
English Delftware. I still curse myself I never bought a copy of the latter
for £80 in a London art shop because I was so poor. Rememeebr exact
provenancing is alaways very tricky and sometimes dubious as potters and
artists moved bwtweenpotteries

paul courtney
Leicester UK