HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:57:49 -0700
Cathy,

You mentioned that you had been able to gather a number of oral histories as
a preparation for your archaeological project. What about asking some of
your respondents -- and other community members -- what sort of questions
they would like to have answered? You will still be able to ask those that
you, as an archaeologist/anthropologist, see as "significant" -- but taking
account of local needs and agendas might also provide needed local support
for your project should you be in the position of arguing for full scale
mitigation later on.

Carol McDavid

Carol McDavid
Department of Archaeology, University of Cambridge
1638 Branard, Houston, Texas, 77006, USA
(713) 523-2649
www.webarchaeology.com