HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:04:16 -0500
Pat,

Can you give us Americans a good working/textbook definition of "Monument?"
The U.K. definition must vary somewhat from ours, and I am asking this
apparently silly question because I am very interested in the subtle
differences in the way we each view our cultural "resources" -- or should I
say cultural "heritage?"

Linda Derry, Director
Old Cahawba - AHC
719 Tremont St.
Selma, AL 36701 - 5446
ph. 334/875-2529 / email: [log in to unmask]