HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Steen
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 09:05:30 -0400
Paul -- the thanks go to you! Never have I been compared to Schlieman or called a "White dinner jacket archaeologist"! This will provide grins and chuckles for years!
Since, as I said, I do a good bit of CRM myself I am not putting down ALL CRM -- I was joking in fact-- but lets face it, a certain amount of professional prostitution does
exist. I may even have been involved..... CS

5/27/2002 8:45:34 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Thank you, Carl, but I am tempted to let your candour slide as it is Memorial Day. A day for you to revel in your freedom of speech, but most us out here in the "CRM"
world are not "prostitutes"...we are here to save the archaeological record for "White Dinner Jacket Archaeologists" such as yourself. Get out your old dusty archaeological
dictionary down off the shelf and look up "mitigate"

>   Don't worry, no one probably thought it was you selling these artifacts as the description included "noted AMERICAN ARCHAEOLOGIST in the South who works the
area on a DAILY basis". This is obviously not you. You need not worry.
>     Tired of the abuse of Public Archaeology at the hands of the Schliemanns of the New World,
>
>                                Paul Pironti
>
>  How does one get off this listserv?

Carl Steen
Archaeologist