HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Frances Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:43:42 -0500
Dear HISTARCH-l subscriber:

This is to inform you that:

"Marks of American Potters" By Edwin Atlee Barber

is available again from the Blackburn Press.

The first attempt to describe the marks of American potters was made by
Edwin Butler in his Pottery and Porcelain of the United States in 1893. In
that book, less than 100 varieties, found principally in earlier wares, were
described. Prior to that time none of the manuals on potters marks contained
any reference to the United States.

The book which we have reprinted here (originally published in 1904)
includes the marks used by factories, patterns, workmen or decorators in
America to the time of this book's original printing.

ISBN 1-930665-41-5

For more information point your browser to:

http://www.blackburnpress.com/marofampot.html

or to:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1930665415/qid=1005399734/sr=1-2/ref=
sr_1_0_2/107-1079358-8711713

Of course, we're also interested in hearing of other titles we might
consider returning  to print. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks very much.

Frances

Frances Reed
Publisher