HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:29:33 -0400
sorry for cross-posting

------------------------------
Date:    Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:35:04 -0400
From:    Hex Kleinmartin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Workshops in Archaeometry

Dear Colleague,

The Archaeometry Research Graduate Group of the University at Buffalo
would like to invite you to participate in the 13th Annual "Workshops in
Archaeometry" Conference. In the past, the conference has been supported
by the Department of Anthropology, the Canadian-American Studies
Committee, and the Graduate Student Assembly. Last year's conference
enjoyed great success thanks to the input and direction of those
invited.
The objectives for this conference are the same as they have always
been:
1) to provide an annual forum for the discussion of archaeometric
research; 2) to expand current knowledge of the scope of archaeometric
research; and 3) to expand collaborative efforts among scholars.

The two day conference, to be held February 23rd and 24th, 2002, will
consist of four half-day work-shops. Participants will have the
opportunity to present and discuss current research projects. Workshops
will include an introduction by the session moderator, 30-40 minute
informal presentation of research, and a period of open discussion.
Ideas
and concepts related to evolving research projects are especially
encouraged. Formal papers are not necessary. A reception/dinner will
follow the last work-shop session on Saturday.

We invite your suggestions and interests regarding the establishment of
topics for the four work-shops. Please return the accompanying reply
form
by January 1st, 2002. We will make a follow-up announcement that
includes
information about accommodations, scheduling, and topics. Also, we will
be
providing hotel accommodations for those out-of town guests who are
presenting papers. Funds are, of course, limited; your prompt response
is
encouraged if you need a room.

We also request that you invite other faculty and graduate students who
you think would be interested in, or would benefit from this type of
forum. We look forward to hearing from you. If there are further
questions
please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ezra Zubrow                         Hex Kleinmartin
Professor of Anthropology               ARGG Conference Director
ARGG Faculty Advisor

geoff carver
department of anthropology - SUNY buffalo
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~gjcarver/