From:
Henk van Tuijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:41:39 +0100
Kar-Ming Chong wrote:

>Recently there was a sale in one the classical stores here in Australia
>and I managed to pick up this particular disc by Marcuzynski, although
>I've never come across his name before.

Marcuzynski (Malcuzynski?).  I once had several recordings of him.
He was one of the better Chopin-performers in the fifties, together with
Brailowsky and Uninsky.  And praised for his touch and the perfect balance
he maintained between both hands.  I particularly liked his performance of
Rachmaninoff's 3d:  all music and no athletics.  If my memory is correct
he is one of the winners of the Chopin-concours in its best days.

Regards, Henk