From:
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:49:12 -0400
Mimi Ezust states:

>Almost any Good Ol' Fashioned Elementary Harmony text book will discuss
>traditional classical harmony, and probably this concept of tension

Do any of these books have names? In particular, I could be intested in
something along the lines of "Music Theory for Dummies" (for all I know
there is such book)- a book geared for adults with no knowledge of the
subject.  I'd be interested in recommendations from list members.

In part, my motivation is to continue my role as assistant music
educator and general font of knowledge to a 12 year old piano student in
my household.  Starting next month, she will be taking a first course in
music theory.  I'd at least like to see if I could keep up with her the
first year of formal instruction in the subject.

Larry