From:
Roger Bogda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:06:24 -0400
I attended the Florida Phil concert on Saturday night here in Miami.
As some of you may know, James Judd was the musical director until being
unceremoniously dumped earlier this year...discussable later....

The conductor on Saturday was Eduardo Barrios, the soloist the excellent
guitarist Manuel Barruecos.

The point of this email is: Barrios did an excellent job of conducting
works Latin in nature and source, notably Revueltas' Sensamaya.  He is on
the short list for permanent artistic director here and I am wondering if
anyone has heard him conduct any of the traditional repertoire....

Thanks,
Roger Bogda