From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:43:33 +1000
Glenn Miller:

>What I want to know is why Phillips Duo does not release the middle--to
>Op74, Harp on their 2 for 1 deal? What would be the hold up? Also, why
>not release the rest of Colin Davis's Haydn symphonies on the same
>deal?  Anybody have any answers?

I'm not sure which Haydn symphonies Glenn means, but I'm assuming Nos
93-104.  There are two Philips Duos of Frans Bruggen's versions with the
Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century which might have been released in
preference to Davis's.  I'd been hoping the Haydn Sinfonietta of Vienna,
whose exhilarating collections of Haydn overtures I've much enjoyed, would
record some symphonies and thought the Bruggen sets would be the next best
thing.  I think they're fabulous.  Other opinions?

Richard Pennycuick