From:
Jim Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:32:22 -0500
Boston Pops/Fielder recording on the old RCA Red Seal Series in the early
50s.

However, you have to listen carefully to hear the sweet tune of that
often-heard Canon nowadays.  It was either in the arrangement or microphone
placement that the sweet tune was all but buried for the "sawing wood" of
the basses in this particular Boston Pops recording.:) This selection was
strangely out of place with all the other Pops favorities on the LP.

Later on, I recall hearing the JF Paillard Orchestra version on a Musical
Heritage Society LP.   That version was the sweet tune we are all too
familiar with.   And then Munchinger had a huge classical hit of it, of
course.

Thanks to Dave for those fond recalls of the good old days of classical
music.  I also recall the old days.

For those of you who would like to read my 9,000 word article on
my classical music DJ days, you should go to your browser and type in
something like "Jim Stokes Classical DJ." I just tried it before I wrote
this post -- and I could access the site.  It's on Vavo.UK.  And they have
been having problems with access.  But I did get through.

Best,

Jim Stokes