From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:54:56 -0800
I received some great suggestions for a "macabre, hellish piece of music"
for 14-year-old Grace's Irish dance creation at Mercy High, but the problem
itself has been resolved by Grace...  very gracefully.

She checked out a half dozen CDs I gave her (including Berlioz, Liszt,
etc.) and picked, without hesitation...  the Scherzo from Shostakovich's
Two Pieces for String Octet (a wonderful performance by the New Century
Chamber Orchestra, led by Stuart Canin).  The future of music is in good
hands, I mean feet, in this country!

Janos Gereben/SF