From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:05:37 +1100
Peter Wisse:

>In Stockholm the other day I bought a NAXOS CD with music by Hakon
>Boerresen.  A nice violin concerto, and a fine symphony.  The booklet
>however was all in Swedish, which I cannot read.  Boerresen, (Danish?)
>was not mentioned in the Grove.  Can anybody tell me more about this
>composer?

There is a short article and selective work list in Grove, which uses the
Danish o with a / through it, oe in the Anglicised version.  Treat the name
as if spelt Borresen, and you'll find him.

I'd like clarification of the label and the number of the symphony, as I've
not seen any mention of his music on Naxos otherwise.  Is it a Da Capo CD,
or perhaps released under the Naxos imprint only in some countries?

Richard Pennycuick