HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:57:07 -0400
Get Bull, Friedrich, and Gottschalk, American Breweries, 1984,
published by something called Bullworks in Trumbull, CT.  It is a
mere chonological list. But it chronicles 162 breweries in Indiana.
The number is high because they list each change in ownership as a
separate establishment.

Apparently the Terre Haute brewery went through several name changes
between 1855 and 1958.

Eagle operated in Vincennes 1859-1918, with a change of ownership and
name in 1875. There was  brief revival in 1934.