HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elizabeth Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:49:08 -0500
Diana -

I worked on that project (in my youth) and can provide you with information, as well.  There are several projects in Washington, DC, including the Whitehurst Freeway, Barney Circle and the DC Correctional Treatment Facility, where soil borings were first employed to identify the site.  In all cases, it is imperative to have an archaeologist monitor the soil borings because the people doing the borings are conducting them for other reasons and will refer to historic surfaces and deposits as "fill" or "disturbed".  If you would like further information on any of these projects, please feel to contact me.

Liz Crowell