HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:19:17 -0500
3/21/2002 8:03:23 PM, Ron May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Date:   Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:03:23 -0500
>  From:   Ron May <[log in to unmask]>
>  Subject:Re: being Southern - an Appalachian caution!
>  To:     [log in to unmask]
>

>  But Audrey, do you have a strong opinion on the subject? While I welcome
>  soapbox lectures on a light level, I do not think your tone is appropriate
>  in a room full of 820+ professionals.

Audrey has presented this info at the SHA conference and has an excellent paper upcoming in Historical Archaeology. Her serious and
well thought out comments were a welcome relief from the nonsense about grits that came before. Perhaps there should be a Histarch light
as well....

My opinion.

Carl Steen