HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:38:37 -0500
The rag suggestion came from a project I did in Memphis a while back. We excavated a cistern related to the M&O and then L&N Railroad that was filled in ca. 1880. We found large amounts of buttons there as well, but not matching sets suggestive of clothing discard. We interpreted the button assemblage to have come from rags used in cleaning on the trains or around the terminal.

Pat Garrow