HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:42:45 +0800
This is a call primarily for the Australians on the list so the rest of the
list need read no further unless they are curious (and I would not mind
finding out how others approached these problems).

Our new state government is going to review our historical heritage act. As
the present act was written without a thought for archeaology hopefully this
is a chance to improve things.

My question is: How do the historical heritage laws in the other states work
in regards to archaeology?
How have you approached listing, dealing with places not on the list,
dealing with precincts, coping with areas likley to contain archaeological
sites which are under non heritage buildings, roads, parks etc?

 And most importantly what works well and what approaches have you found
fatally flawed?

To avoid boring the rest of the list please reply to me off list.

Gaye