HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anne Bickford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:03:29 +1000
Hello All,
I read these posts with interest as we had concrete
block-making plants here. I thought of my colleague and
friend Professor Miles Lewis of the faculty of architecture
University of Melbourne, who has published a book on the
history of concrete in Australia. I sent him all the posts
and he has just got back to me, having been overseas. People
may be interested to go to his web page
http://www.arbld.unimelb.edu.au/~mbl/home.htm  where he has
much information and references to the original sources in
his section on Australian Building. He refers to his
sections 7.00 cement  7.01 lime &c  7.02 concrete  7.06
blocks. Miles is a prodigious and meticulous researcher and
scholar and a member of international committees on
vernacular building. His web site is full of interest to
anyone interested in vernacular architecture, and/or in
comparisons with other countries.
Annie

Anne Bickford
Heritage Consultants
135 Catherine St. Leichhardt NSW 2040 Australia
Ph: 02/95699672  Fax: 02/95500261