HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:29:00 -0400
You may want to consider visiting a "Foundation Library" to get information
on grants.  There is one such library in Atlanta that I have used recently
(without success up till now) and I have been told that there are others
around the country.  Your closest might be in San Francisco.  The one I have
been to has tons of relevant information for fund seekers and is set up for
computer searches.  For example, you could feed their computer the keywords:
museum, archaeology, and preservation, and the library's computer would
provide a list of all the foundations in Nevada or in the country that
provides grants in these areas and information on how large their grants
are, their interests, and how to apply.  But, although your needs may be
great, don't expect a quick fix by this route- it can take years to get
funds in this way & there's no guaranties.  What you really need is someone
in Reno who loves your museum and has money to spare for a quick fix.  Good
luck.
Allen Vegotsky