Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:32:46 -0700
From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
I can recommend a couple off hand, and probably more if these don't work:

Rami Bar-Niv, who has performed with our series numerous times, is in
Israel and therefore not based in North America, but tours the USA (as
well as Europe, Australia, and Asia) semi-regularly.  His bio is very
interesting.  I won't go into lengthy detail, but he was the first, and,
so far, only Israeli concert pianist to have performed in Egypt after
the Begin-Sadat accord.  He has lauditory international reviews and is
regularly among mp3.com's most downloaded pianists.

More local is Ayke Agus, who, in addition to solo and concert performances,
has her own piano trio (the Agus Trio, which has also performed for us a
couple of times) and was Heifetz's accompanist for the last 15 or so years
of his career...  not a bad item on one's resume.  She's in L.A.

Email me privately for contact info, if you like.

Also, if your series is interested in tonal, melodic music from a
very talented living composer (and who can deliver a very entertaining
pre-concert talk), I highly recommend the music of our
Composer-In-Residence, R.C.  Barrows.  I do not know of a more gifted
living composer.

Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series